Fabric-backed wallpaper is a popular alternative to traditional paper wallcoverings. Here’s a guide on how to install fabric-backed wallpaper:
- Preparation: Clean and prime the wall surface. Remove any old wallpaper, repair any cracks or holes, and allow the wall to dry completely.
- Measure the wall: Measure the height and width of the wall and calculate the total square footage. Add 10% to the total to account for waste and pattern matching.
- Cut the wallpaper: Cut the wallpaper to size, taking into account the pattern repeat.
- Apply adhesive: Apply the recommended adhesive to the back of the wallpaper, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Hang the wallpaper: Start in the center of the wall, aligning the pattern and smoothing out any air bubbles as you go. Use a wallpaper smoothing tool to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Trim the edges: Trim the excess wallpaper along the ceiling and floor, using a sharp blade and a straight edge.
- Finish the seams: Apply seam sealer to the seams and allow it to dry.
- Clean up: Wipe down the wallpaper with a damp cloth to remove any adhesive residue.
Leave a comment